Friday 14 December 2012

Shortcutting in Excel


Our recent lesson in Computer Science involved a lot of shortcuts in Excel.

For example. .  . when you want to make a huge mesh of numbers in a specific order, like 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 or 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, or 3, 6, 9, 12 or etc., and your too lazy to click and type and move the cursor and click and type and repeat it over and over and over again, there’s a simple way to do that! 

You can do it on other things too, like days of the week or months of the year. 

Before Sir Tom told us how, I thought making a multiplication table was a humongous hassle.

But, once again, he proved me WRONG. You just type a specific formula in the cell, move the cursor to cover the cells you want to multiply and SHABAAM! You have your own multiplication table! You can now print it out and sell it to unknowing  grade school kids. And then, they’ll come up to you and say,”Golly, miss! You must’ve spent a lot of time doing this!”

And then you’ll eat up all their praise and pretend to be modest and say,”Nah,kid. I ain’t that great. But you can have my autograph for fifty pesos.”

And do you know how our teachers get our average and stuff? And they’ll say that it will take them a long time to compute it all? Well, that means your teacher is either a liar, really NOT up-to-date to modern tech, or simply too stubborn to believe that a computer can grade her students correctly because Excel  can find you equivalent and average of all your tests and activities in less than a second! 

Hard to believe, I know. Impossible! I thought. Excel as a calculator? HAH! Takes a lot more than that to fool Ms. PiaPie! 

Suprisingly, I was wrong. Sigh, oh well. Can’t get everything right, now can I? 

Although for you to do all of this right, you need the proper formula. If not, well, you’d be surprised how big numbers get when you start from 0.

Don’t get what I mean? Don’t worry. Those of you out there who haven’t tried out Excel will be O.P. and as long as you don’t, I have a little inside joke.



BONUS: I recently have a knack for making waley jokes, thanks to influence from a magazine and a cat. Here comes my joke of the week

Question: What type of nut is good at Math?

Answer: a CASIO nut! (Cashew, to those who don’t get it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment