Thursday 10 January 2013

My Books; The Most Important Documents


I am totally hooked on books. I’m always skipping from one series to another. Although, I have never ever collected one complete series. Diary of Wimpy Kid? Nah, found myself too old for the cartoon novel. Dork Diaries? Too expensive for such a small book. Harry Potter? The inconsistent and expensive prices made my wallet feeling so light.

But that all changed when I discovered Percy Jackson and the Olympians.
I just recently bought the last book, The Last Olympian, thus completing my set.

As I flipped through the book’s pages, I wondered how long for the publishing people had to type everything down: the Table of contents, the body, the chapter pages, the advertising pages.

Our most recent lesson in Computer Science I was about making documents. And, in my book the pages of a novel count as a document.

I know how they made the Table of contents and the other pages. As I looked at the Chapter title, I couldn’t help but I wonder on what type of book the footnotes where most found because I haven’t seen any novel with footnotes before.

I scanned through a bunch of books, in my house and the ‘recorded’ books in my head. Then, I remembered that the bible has a bunch of footnotes per page. And some manuals had footnotes, too, if dummies couldn’t get them. And in Reader’s Digest! Yeah! How could I forget?

I groaned last Friday because we had a practical exam about these stuff, and I should probably admit I found it hard because I didn’t really take in what Sir Tom was yammering on and on about because I thought that the only purpose for these were term papers, which I had to pass only after, like, 2 years. 

And a bunch of factors gave me a better feel when I read the books. The Percy Jackson and the Olympians series had a Greek-y font that made me feel I was reading an actual writing from a Camp Half-Blood Scribe.
Now I know that it’s important and has other uses than for term papers. How could the publishing people type my favorite stories if they didn’t know?

No comments:

Post a Comment