Tuesday 30 October 2012

Photoshop: for me, and for the insecure

Così, le mie previsioni erano sbagliate. Oops. Sorry. I'm disappointed in myself, so I won't tell you what that meant. Yeah, I'm just that selfish....

So anyways Sir Tom announced before the Sem Break that we would have Photoshoping as a lesson. I'm not quite thrilled with the thought. Don't get me wrong, I have no grudge, but I don't like how other people use it.

I think Photoshop is a software that helps people with insecurities. Or the perffectionists that desperately need public's approval....

See, I think the Photoshop has no use. Really. I mean you can do what you want on a set that can be done there. Want to make it bright? Then add lights. You want it to be dark? Well, turn them off!

 Seriously, I don't see any reason to make Photoshop because using them to "improve" a photo erases the efforts of the photographer in making the shot look beautiful.

 Just think that you were the guy that took the picture. You spent hours trying to find the right angle, days to find the perfect subject and weeks of retaking and retaking. Then, you're proud of what you did. But when they opened it on Photoshop, they clicked on a scroll then BAM!! All the work you did, gone... gone.... gone with the wind.....

And I know some people use Photoshop to make themselves look cuter, hotter, prettier, sexier or whatever good -er adjective you want. But come on, man! Accept who you are!

 Besides, making a billion people believe that you look like Emma Watson or Logan Lerman aint gonna help your chances of finding a boy/girlfriend! In fact, they'll dislike you a whole lot more once they see that your profile picture is SO heavily edited that you can't see the original one.





Although, I don't know why Photoshop was made so if you guys know, or if you disagree with me, say so in the comment box below.

But please, remember the human.

No comments:

Post a Comment